Monday, May 09, 2005

A New Type of Strawman?

Dear Pastoral Council:

I thought I would try out using a weblog tool (or blog for short) to post some goal ideas. By doing it this way, it will enable each of you to comment on each idea, and allow us to save our thoughts in a central place.

Like all of you, this is kind of new to me, so I'm sure I'll be less efficient for a while. My hope is that we find it more useful over time.

Some preparatory thoughts before I start listing my ideas in separate posts...

In between our last two meetings, I felt I ought to be doing something with the questionnaires, so I started rereading them. I decided to keep track of some of the ideas that people gave within the surveys. Some of these ideas fit alongside certain goal tracks or the essential elements, so I organized them that way.

I also noted that there were several ideas that could be implemented immediately - there is no need to wait for strategic goals to be developed for some or all of them. For the moment, I call these "Quick Hitters".

I will list the Quick Hitters and each of my goal areas in a separate posting. This will allow you to comment individually on each one of them.

That's it for now. I'll post this, and notify you of the blog so that you can get logged on. I'll probably start posting some ideas tomorrow night.

Sincerely,

Damian Gerstner

No comments: